Beacon Center's 9th Annual WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES®: Virtual Edition
Time & Location
About The Event
Beacon Center's 9th Annual WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES®: Virtual Edition will look a little different this year, but the goal remains the same. It will be a virtual walk event extended over 7 days of awesomeness!
Beacon Center hosts a WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES®: Virtual Edition to end rape, sexual assault, and gender violence while raising funds to continue supporting our clients. We ask the community to participate to show their support for Sexual Assault Awareness and Child Abuse Prevention Month. Everyone knows someone who has experienced rape, sexual assault, or gender violence--this event allows you to walk and show support for those people. Join us to honor them and to help raise funds for victims and survivors.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-886-4304 for questions! Stay tuned to Beacon Center social media for updates and activities during Sexual Assault Awareness and Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Here's how it works:
- Register! Registration opens April 1st; ends April 30th. You can also download a form from https://www.beaconcentersd.com/walk-a-mile or stop by the Beacon Center (801 Jenson Ave SE Watertown, SD 57201) to pick up a Walk a Mile® packet.
- Decide if you want to walk alone or with a team. If walking with a team, start recruiting your people, have them register as well, and download a toolkit and a pledge form from https://www.beaconcentersd.com/walk-a-mile, or pick up a Walk a Mile® packet at the Beacon Center.
- All print-out forms are available to download for the Walk a Mile® Week at https://www.beaconcentersd.com/walk-a-mile
- Throughout WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES® week, other activities and challenges will be posted on social media. See the toolkit for challenges and ways to participate.
Visit https://www.beaconcentersd.com/walk-a-mile for more info and forms to print!
**Notice** Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Release and Waiver: In consideration of my entry in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® : The International Men’s March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence I, for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I have or may hereafter have against the organizers of this event, its principals, its employees, its volunteers, all sponsors and their representatives and all claims of damages, demands, actions whatsoever in any manner, as a result of my participation in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® : The International Men’s March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence even including travel to and from this event. I attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for completion of this event and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. Further, I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the foregoing to use my name and likeness in any broadcast, telecast, video, or print media of the event without compensation.
By registering and paying the registration fee using the online option, you accept the notice above and confirm your participation in Beacon Center's 9th Annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®: Virtual Edition.
- WAM 2021 Registration Fee$25$250$0